The wide variety of careers in associations makes the industry appealing to talented professionals from many backgrounds. Whether you’re a job seeker or an employer, this is your gateway to explore association job roles and salaries.
In research typically conducted every two years, ASAE has identified 75 job roles for association professionals that are common across organizations. The Association Compensation & Benefits Study divides those roles into the 13 categories below.
Click on a category for details about specific positions and a median base salary for each. Compensation packages are based on several organizational variables, including budget, staff size, metropolitan area, and type of organization.
- Executive Office
- Human Resources
- Public Relations/Legislative
Tools You Can Use
Compensation and benefits: ASAE provides in-depth compensation information to help job seekers negotiate salaries and to provide benchmarks for organizations.
- Compensation Tables: Explore detailed compensation data by job role.
- AssociaMetrics Association Compensation & Benefits Access: This online tool allows you to sort organizations by multiple filters such as budget, staff size, geographic location, and scope. It also gives you access to electronic copies of the two printed reports listed below.
- Association Compensation & Benefits Study: This report provides compensation information for more than 70 job titles within associations, along with a demographic look at the responding organizations by membership type, IRS tax status, total annual budget, total association staff size, membership size, geographic region, and industry/interest area represented. This study also includes benefits information.
- Greater Washington Area Compensation & Benefits Study: This report includes data from organizations responding from the Washington, DC, metropolitan area and reports on more than 50 association positions. This report also includes benefits information.