Preorder now. Books will be shipped in early July.
Ten years after calling for radical change in their landmark bestseller Race for Relevance, authors Harrison Coerver and Mary Byers are back with this expanded 10th anniversary edition—a guidebook for association leaders navigating a post-pandemic world.
The competitive and other business pressures challenging associations to deliver greater value a decade ago have only intensified. Some associations heeded the call for change, and some of their stories are shared in this new edition. Other associations have continued to operate the same way they have for years—and likely are reeling.
An important overlay for this new edition is the pandemic, which the authors underscore as not only a disruptor but an accelerant and tailwind for needed changes to governance, portfolio management, and technology.Race for Relevance provides a bold, no-nonsense look at not only the challenges facing associations but the actions they can undertake to thrive. These include
- sizing and populating your board for thoughtful, effective decision making
- focusing on member markets you can serve well
- zeroing in on the products and services that reflect your mission and that you can deliver consistently and effectively
- embracing a digital-first approach
The book includes worksheets, checklists, and case studies, all geared toward helping association leaders—staff and volunteers alike—to kick off the thought-provoking discussions that are generally at the forefront of change.
Quantity discounts on orders for 10 or more copies are available at checkout. Order a copy today for all of your association leaders.
- 10-49 copies 10 percent discount
- 50-99 copies 20 percent discount
- 100 or more copies 30 percent discount
(2021, ISBN 978-0-88034-409-8, 192 pages, hardcover)