Tony Rossell , August 22, 2012
Anne -- Excellent presentation of the membership sales process when you can get face to face with a prospect. If you need to follow more of a mass marketing approach to reach lots of potential members, here is a five step process that I recommend.
1. The Target Market – who you want to reach – this includes determining what are your primary markets and acquiring or building lists of these prospects.
2. The Membership Offer – what a member will receive – this includes how you package your membership product and what special offers you will make in your promotions to attract new members.
3. The Marketing Message – why a member should join – this includes defining your value proposition and presenting solutions and benefits to members that are compelling.
4. The Promotional Tactics – how a member will be reached – this includes selecting the best marketing channels like personal sales, direct mail, email, telemarketing, etc. and the frequency and timing of promotions.
5. The Testing and Tracking – where to take future efforts – this includes trying variations of the four points listed above and recording which lists, offers, messages, and channels produce the best ROI and number of new members.
John Cox , August 06, 2012
Great process for new member recruitment - something we all should be focused on.