ASAE is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and ASAE staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, ASAE staff, service providers, and others are expected to abide by this Meeting Safety & Responsibility Policy. This Policy applies to all ASAE meeting-related events, including those sponsored by organizations other than ASAE but held in conjunction with ASAE events, in public or private facilities.
At most ASAE networking events both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages are served. ASAE expects participants at our events to drink responsibly. ASAE and Meeting host event staff have the right to deny service to participants for any reason, and may require a participant to leave the event.
Personal Safety and Security
ASAE works diligently to provide a safe and secure environment at its meetings and events by working with venue staff to make sure meeting participants are safe. We ask that all attendees report any questionable or concerning activity to ASAE staff so that they can take immediate action. No concern is too small, if you see something, say something.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Use the buddy system when going to and from the event venue, networking event locations during early or late hours.
- Don’t wear your meeting badge on the street. Take it off as soon as you leave the building/venue.
- Don’t carry a lot of cash or credit cards. Leave in your hotel room safe.
- Don’t leave personal property unattended anywhere, anytime.
If it is an emergency or if you need immediate assistance, you should ask any ASAE staff member or the on-site security personnel to help you.
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ASAE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, ASAE staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of presentations at sessions, in the exhibit hall, or at other events organized by ASAE at the meeting venue, hotels, or other ASAE-contracted facilities.
- Disruption of presentations, online or in-person at sessions, or at other events organized by ASAE online or at the meeting venue, hotels, or other ASAE-contracted facilities. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ASAE event staff.
- The recording or transmission of any education sessions, presentations, demos, videos, or content in any format is strictly prohibited.
- Presentations, postings, and messages should not contain promotional materials, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services. ASAE reserves the right to remove such messages and potentially ban sources of those solicitations.
- Any direct selling of products/services offered by speakers, industry partners, or consultants in any public area of the virtual platform or in-person, is prohibited. Many of the engagement conversations are based around knowledge and expertise and are not categorized a direct sales pitch. Selling must be conducted during mutually agreed upon private video, audio, or text conversations.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any chat room activity that takes place in the virtual space.
ASAE has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at our meetings. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ASAE asks that you inform Michelle Mason, FASAE, CAE, President and CEO, mmason@ asaecenter.org, 202-626-2780, so that we can take the appropriate action.
ASAE reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the meeting without warning or refund, in response to any incident of unacceptable behavior, and ASAE reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meeting.