Crack open these books recommended by the CAE Commission.
Although the next Certified Association Executive (CAE) exam is on December 2, it's never too early to start studying. Here's a list of eight resources, part of a longer list compiled by the CAE Commission. For more information on the CAE program and the complete list of resources, visit www.asaecenter.org/cae. Find these books and more at www.asaecenter.org/publications.
- 7 Measures of Success: What Remarkable Associations Do That Others Don't, American Society of Association Executives
- Core Competencies in Association Professional Development, by Terri Tracey, CAE, and Kathleen M. Edwards, CAE
- The Will to Govern Well: Knowledge, Trust & Nimbleness, 2nd Edition, by Glenn H. Tecker, Paul D. Meyer, Bud Crouch, and Leigh Wintz, CAE
- Association Law Handbook, 4th edition, by Jerald A. Jacobs
- Association Law Update (The 2009 Supplement to Association Law 4th edition), by Jerald A. Jacobs
- How to Read Nonprofit Financial Statements, 2nd Edition, by Andrew S. Lang and Wayne Berson
- Creating and Managing an Association Government Relations Program, 2nd Edition, by Amy Showalter
- Membership Essentials: Recruitment, Retention, Roles, Responsibilities, and Resources, by Sheri Jacobs, CAE, and Carylann Assante, CAE