Every CEO and every staff member and consultant who works with boards wants to improve the performance and experience of the governing body. And guess what: The governing body wants to be better, too.
Here's a handy compendium of great ideas for anyone who works with boards. Staff will find this little book indispensable. Volunteer leaders—especially chief elected officers--will find the inspiration and the practical pointers immediately useable and ever-useful. 199 Ideas: Build a Better Board covers these areas of helping the board get governing right:
- Providing effective orientation
- Communicating fiduciary responsibilities
- Focusing on policy and strategy
- Engaging board members in the best they have to offer
- Improving meeting preparation
- Streamlining board meetings
- Making board dialogue effective
- Ensuring effective board-staff relationships
- Enhancing the board member’s experience
Turn the ideas in this resource into action in your organization. Culled from ideas shared by CEOs, governance experts, and others--199 Ideas: Build a Better Board will be one of the better investments you make in your organization's governing body.
(2011, ISBN 978--088034-332-9, 88 pages)