Oct 07, 2016 - Oct 07, 2016 Eastern
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
J.W. Marriott, Jr.-ASAE Conference Center / ASAE Building
1575 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
Access Pass Points: 8
The Bottom Line is designed for non-financially-oriented individuals, employees with new budgeting responsibilities, or people who are just looking to broaden their scope of knowledge.
You'll learn or review the basics of financial information—the key terms and concepts that even former humanities majors need to understand in order to succeed in thriving organizations. By the end of this program, you will feel comfortable engaging in conversations involving terms like revenue, accrual accounting, and cash flow.
Even if you're not a "numbers person," the Bottom Line will allay your fears and allow you to shine in a room full of financial stars.
The half-day Finance for the Non-Financial Manager workshop will include a comprehensive overview of finance essentials, enabling you to use financial acumen to add value when your association makes growth and strategic allocation decisions. You’ll learn to become a better user of financial information so you’re a more strategic contributor to your association.
Attend to learn:
- nonprofit accounting and finance concepts (for example, revenue streams, programmatic vs. M&G, restricted funds, and reserves)
- key terminology and basic accounting concepts (such as double-entry bookkeeping, assets, liabilities, financial statements, and internal reporting)
- basic principles for interpreting financial statements (including budgeting, key metrics, board presentations, cash flow, and investments) and the importance of financial data in the decision-making process.
The Bottom Line is also available as a full-day program that includes playing an interactive board game to test your new financial skills.
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Registration
9:00 – 10:00 a.m. Basic Accounting Concepts
• Double-Entry Bookkeeping
• Assets, Liabilities
• Financial Statements
• Internal Reporting
10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Nonprofit Accounting/Finance
• Revenue Streams
• Programmatic vs. M&G
• Restricted funds, reserves
11:00 – 12:00 p.m. Reading Financial Statements
• Key metrics
• Board presentations
• Cash flow and investments
12:00 – 12:30 p.m. Networking Lunch
A special thank you to our Strategic Partners for their continued support of this program.
Attendance cancellations must be received within five business days before the program begins. A $75 cancellation fee will apply. There are no refunds for cancellations received less than five days before a program. No-shows will not be refunded.