ASAE would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the recent earthquake and Hurricane Irene disasters. Here’s a list of several groups aiding those involved in the recent events.
ASAE would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the recent earthquake and Hurricane Irene disasters. Although ASAE was not impacted directly, our staff and members have felt the impact in different ways. If you would like to donate or give back to your local community, there are several association and nonprofit organizations helping with the relief efforts. Here’s a list of several groups aiding those involved in the recent events:
- American Red Cross is accepting donations for the relief efforts by calling 1-800-RED CROSS, texting the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation, sending contributions to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013 or donating online.
- To contribute to the Salvation Army's relief efforts, text "STORM" to 80888 to make a one-time $10 donation or contribute online.
- Network For Good, an online hub of charities, nonprofits and volunteers, has a list of organizations offering relief.
- Operation USA is helping to fill gaps in community health care and social services efforts after disasters. Text "aid" to 50555 or visit the donation page online.
- Direct Relief throughout the Gulf Coast. Each pack contains medicine, items to treat patients with injuries and other medical supplies. The organization is accepting donations online.
- Feed the Children has a fleet of semi-tractor trailers stocked with the critical supplies, including diapers, baby products, bottled water, cleanup supplies, snacks to be used in the days and weeks of critical recovery time. To help Feed the Children help those in need, you can make an online donation.
- AmeriCares is accepting donations to provide emergency medicines and supplies, with immediate shipment possible. The organization specializes in wound care medicines and supplies, water, and other storm-relief items.
- Operation Blessing provides relief to disaster victims worldwide. The organization is accepting donations to respond with emergency food, water and other relief supplies for people impacted by Hurricane Irene.
John H. Graham IV, CAE
ASAE President and CEO