INFORMATION REQUEST FOR AN EXECUTIVE SEARCH FIRM
September 8, 2020
ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership is a prestigious professional membership organization with a heralded history beginning in 1920. ASAE currently has nearly 50,000 members, including association executives, consultant members and industry partners. Located in Washington, DC, ASAE is a 501(c)(6) organization. ASAE also includes the ASAE Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable and research organization; ASAE Business Services, Inc., ASAE’s for-profit subsidiary which runs the endorsed business solutions and other taxable revenue generating activities.
ASAE is seeking information from executive search firms to work with its CEO Search Committee, tasked by the ASAE Board Chair to conduct a national search for its President & CEO. The CEO Search Committee intends to recommend a finalist candidate to ASAE’s Board of Directors by June 1, 2021 so that the successful candidate can join ASAE by September 1, 2021.The executive search firm will guide and participate in all stages of the recruitment, selection and transition process. The responsibility will be broad in nature, but will specifically include serving as a centralized point of contact for all candidates to self-identify, actively recruiting and seeking out targeted candidates, gathering the credentials of candidates, providing initial screening for qualification and compensation ‘fit’, coordinating interviews, checking references of finalists, as well as providing professional advice throughout the process.
Please provide responses to each of the following questions and submit them electronically to:
Robert M. Skelton, CAE
Chief Administrative Officer
ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
1575 I Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Responses are due by 12:00 noon on Friday, September 18, 2020.Responses should address the following questions (in order):
- How will you ensure the best possible candidate pool for the position?
- What measures will you take to ensure that the candidate pool is demographically diverse and inclusive, and that appropriate consideration of non-traditional candidates occurs?
- What relevant limitations or conflicts exist that would affect your firm’s ability to perform on this search, including clients or individuals who are “off limits”?
- What are your fee structure and payment terms?
- What additional expenses can reasonably be expected for this search?