- Innovation Grants Program Objectives
- Innovation Grants Program Funding Mechanism
- Innovation Grants Program Eligibility
- Application Submission Deadline
- Innovation Grants Program Guidelines
- Upon Receipt of Award
- Contact Us
- 2014 Innovation Grants Program Award Winners
The Innovation Grants Program, initially launched in 2013, is a pilot program that will provide awards to support innovation exploration and development; and is one of a number of initiatives designed to raise awareness and engagement in innovation efforts for the association community. In serving as a champion and role model for innovation, this exciting program represents one element in a multiyear effort for the ASAE Foundation to increase the credibility, approachability and culture of innovation in the association community.
Grant recipients will receive awards of up to $10,000 with SunTrust Foundation being a major supporter of this initiative.
The Innovation Grants Program is established to creatively support innovation by 1) facilitating the development and expansion of innovation learning; and 2) providing resources to support practice of innovation in the association environment.
The broader goal of the program is to profile and support innovation occurring in the association community, while fostering new networks for nonprofit innovation and creating a comprehensive body of knowledge around innovation initiatives, programs, and models.
The 2014 Innovation Grants Program will provide up to four (4) awards of up to $10,000 each. Applicants may use either of three (3) funding mechanisms to achieve the programmatic objectives: Travel grant, Exploration grant, or a Hybrid (both Travel and Exploration).
The objectives of the TRAVEL GRANT are to 1) enrich learning experiences about the impact, value, and application of innovation; and 2) broaden exposure to cultures of innovation. The award is intended to support association professionals who wish to pursue educational opportunities in the area of innovation, specifically by visiting organizations or institutions that have a demonstrated commitment to innovation exemplified through strategic and tactical implementation. The award would enable the recipient to engage in state-of-the-art learning opportunities about processes that promote a culture of innovation throughout an organization, and to identify ways to apply the learner outcomes to the grantee's host organization.
The objectives of the EXPLORATION GRANT are to 1) develop new or different models of innovation; and 2) employ innovation tools to enhance existing or new programmatic initiatives. The award is intended to support the exploration, development or implementation of innovative activities ---including a new process, product, or business model within the grantee's host organization. The award would provide financial support to facilitate bringing to fruition an emerging member or community need, or an alternative business plan.
The intended audience for the Innovation Grants Program is the creative individual interfacing with the association community from all angles of the organizational spectrum. Therefore, individuals from professional or trade associations, nonprofits, association industry partners, and consulting companies that serve the association community are eligible to apply. All applicants or applicant teams must include at least one ASAE member.
The application process is closed. For details on how to apply for the 2015 IGP Grants firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each applicant must submit the following materials to be considered for the Innovation Grant Program:
- Proposal Application Form
- Proposal Abstract
Succinct, yet comprehensive description of project goals and objectives, plan of work, intended outcomes, and measures of success.
- Innovation Project Plan
Include a detailed description of the following:
- OBJECTIVES (project goals and objectives)
- SIGNIFICANCE (project rationale, significance, and originality)
- DESIGN (methods for achieving plan objectives, desired outcomes, and method for evaluating plan objectives)
- APPLICABILITY and TRANSFERABILITY (potential for generalizability and application to similar challenges within and across organizations)
- INNOVATION (new, different, significantly improved, enhanced; broad creativity)
- IMPACT (impact on organization's ability to develop and sustain a culture of innovation)
- PRACTICALITY (extent to which project objectives address cost-savings, increased efficiency of internal processes and productivity, improved employee morale, enhanced customer satisfaction, clearer communication throughout organization, etc.)
- Management Plan and Budget
Outline of proposed plan activities with related timelines; budget detailing allocation of grant to specific plan expense items, including justification.
- Organizational Profile
Brief description of organization, including industry type, resources available to support project objectives.
- Applicant Profile
A biographical sketch for applicant (and each team member), including relevant expertise, commitment to innovation.
- Letter(s) of Support (Required for Travel Grant Only)
Organizational representative with whom applicant will work when engaged in travel program.
- Supplemental Materials (Optional)
Supplemental materials are not required. However, applicants are invited to submit a PowerPoint presentation (up to 5 slides), video clip (up to 3 minutes) (e.g., YouTube), or other supplemental material to communicate their innovation concept.
Upon acceptance of the award, recipients:
- Will be required to submit a Progress Report and Final Report; and
- May be invited to participate on a panel during the 2014 Great Ideas Conference. Registration and a stipend to support travel will be provided by ASAE Foundation.
For additional information or questions about the Innovation Grants Program, please email email@example.com or call 202.626.2848.
Upon acceptance of the award, recipients:
- Illinois Homecare &
Proposal Title: A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) to Enhance Member Engagement and Credibility on a Topic of National Concern
- Marble Institute
Proposal Title: Innovation through Industry Collaboration for Statistics & Benchmarking
- Soroptimist International
of the Americas
Proposal Title: LiveYourDream.org -- Expanding our brand to meet activists online!
- Tau Kappa Epsilon Fraternity
Proposal Title: Better In/Better Out