- What's a Section E-Newsletter?
- Get Right to What You Need
- More Than Just News Articles
- Navigate Online
- Speak Your Mind
- Take It With You
- Trouble Logging Into the ASAE Website?
- Trouble With Receiving or Viewing?
ASAE has 14 professional interest "sections," for each of which it publishes regular e-newsletters that are full of expert how-to articles, case studies, trends, and news targeted to your professional interests. Also, beginning in 2008, the e-newsletters are being delivered to your inbox in a new, easier-to-read format, with several new features.
If you're not already a newsletter subscriber, you can explore all 14 section e-newsletters online. To subscribe, visit your Member Profile Update page and simply scroll down to "Professional Interest Sections" to select which section e-newsletters you would like to receive (log-in required).
Here's a look at some of the features you'll find in your email newsletter and on asaecenter.org in 2008:
Rate this item. Mouse over the stars and click to rate the article you just read on a 1-5 star scale. Not only does this help your fellow ASAE members find the most valuable information on our website, it also shows our section councils, editors, and authors what topics and formats are most valuable to readers like you.
Reviews. Tell your fellow members what you think. Maybe you really liked the article you just read and want to share a way that you think you can use what you learned from it at your association. Or, maybe there's some further info that you would like to see that was left out.
Bookmark & Share. Did you really dig the article you just read? Click the Bookmark link and you can "Digg" the article on digg.com or share it on one of many other social networking and social bookmarking websites.
If you have forgotten your password, visit the password recovery page. Enter your email address and you will receive an email with your password in just seconds. If you want your browser to remember your ID and password and keep you logged in whenever you visit asaecenter.org, follow these instructions:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: In the Tools menu, click "Internet Options." On the Privacy tab, click "Sites." Enter http://www.asaecenter.org in the text box and click "Allow." Be sure to check the "Remember Me" box when you log in.
- Mozilla Firefox: In the Tools menu, click "Options." Choose the Privacy tab, and check the box next to "Allow cookies from sites." Or, if you prefer not to allow all cookies, click the "Exceptions" button, enter http://www.asaecenter.org, and click "Allow." Be sure to check the "Remember Me" box when you log in.
Your newsletter email is best viewed with images downloaded. To set your email program to automatically download images in ASAE's section e-newsletters, follow these steps for the email program you use:
- Microsoft Outlook: In the Tools menu, click "Options." In the Preferences tab, click "Junk E-Mail." Choose the Safe Senders tab and click "Add." Then enter "email@example.com" to add the address to your Safe Senders list. Also, in the Security tab in the Options window, click "Change Automatic Download Settings..." and check the option to permit downloads from senders on your Safe Senders list.
- Mozilla Thunderbird: When you receive your newsletter, click the link at the top of the message window that reads, "Click here to always load remote images from firstname.lastname@example.org."
- Gmail: When you receive your newsletter, click the link at the top of the message window that reads, "Always display images from email@example.com."
- Yahoo! Mail: Click "Options" in the upper right corner of your inbox window. Click "Spam Protection" and continue to Step 3. Choose the second option, "Block images in messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam."
- Hotmail: Click "Options." On the left side of the page, click "Mail," and then click "Junk E-Mail Protection." Click "Safe List." Type in "firstname.lastname@example.org" and then click "Add."
Questions?Feel free to contact Joe Rominiecki, newsletters editor, at email@example.com or 202-626-2734 with any questions or suggestions regarding ASAE's section e-newsletters.
ASAE U Online
Models & Samples
|Find a Job
Post a Job
Board of Directors
Standards of Conduct
Endorsed Business Solutions
American Society of Association Executives™ (ASAE), 1575 I St. NW, Washington, DC 20005
|Social Media | Advertise | Mobile Edition | Site Map | Contact Us | Privacy Notice|