Gold Circle Awards Program
Call for Entries Now Open!
The Gold Circle Awards program operates under the eligibility and submission requirements detailed below. Please familiarize yourself with the requirements to ensure that your entry is complete and that your organization is eligible for entry. Entries must include project overview, goals/ objectives, strategies/ tactics and success metrics/results achieved. Judges must be able to evaluate what the program was intended to do and whether it achieved its objectives.
Ineligible organizations as well as incomplete or improperly completed entries will be disqualified from competition. ASAE will retain all Gold Circle Awards competition entries—they will not be returned to the submitter.
- The Gold Circle Awards competition is open to all US-based, non-profit organizations or associations with a 501(c) tax designation. Nonprofit associations outside of the United States may also eligible as long as the content of the entry is in English. (Please feel free to e-mail email@example.com if you have additional questions about your organization's eligibility.)
- Both members and non-members of ASAE may submit entries.
- The Gold Circle Awards competition is open to all 501(c) nonprofit organizations. The competition is open to those who are members of ASAE for Association Leadership as well as non-member. Entries may be submitted on behalf of a 501(c) nonprofit organization by a for-profit business partners; however only the 501(c) nonprofit organization will be recognized as the winner.
- The submitter listed as the main contact on the entry form must be employed by the organization or association submitting the entry. The entry fee will be based on the submitter's ASAE membership status.
- All Gold Circle Awards trophies will be inscribed with the name of the organization or association the communication was produced for, not the name of the individual employed by said organization or association who created the communication.
- Employees and staff of applicants to the Gold Circle Awards competition may not serve as a judge for categories their organization is entering.
- Entries eligible for the 2014 competition must be completed and distributed between January 2, 2013, and December 31, 2013.
In order to be eligible for the 2014 Gold Circle Awards competition, entries should meet the following submission requirements.
- All 2014 Gold Circle Awards entries must be received (not postmarked) by 5:00 p.m. EST at the ASAE offices by the deadline: January 31, 2014.
- Materials created by vendors and/or consultants must be submitted in the name of their client organization or association. (For example, if a consulting firm ABC Consulting is submitting materials created for XYZ Association, the entry must be submitted under the name of XYZ Association) Vendors must notify their client associations about the submission. If selected as a winner the award will be presented in the name of the organization.
- All entry forms must be completed online and submitted by the deadline. Please visit www.asaecenter.org/goldcircle to fill out an electronic entry form online. Entry fee payment must also be received in order for the entry to be considered complete All entries must be accompanied by a paid entry fee. The Entry fee for ASAE members is $150 for each entry. The fee for non-members is $300 per entry. There are no discount entry fees for multiple entries (see details below for credit card and check payments for entry fees).
- Categories that require printed samples of submission materials must be received (not postmarked) by January 31, 2014, 5:00 p.m. EST at the ASAE offices by the deadline listed.
- Late entries and entries missing any required payment and/or samples by the deadlines will be disqualified from the competition.
- Multiple entries may be submitted by an organization or association in one or more categories, provided each entry is submitted on a separate entry form and includes the additional entry fee and any required samples.
- Entry samples must be submitted in original format presented to targeted audience; for categories that require printed materials, six sets of the required printed materials for that category must be provided. (So if your magazine is transmitted to your members as a PDF, you can submit it to the contest as a PDF, but if you mail hard copies of your magazine to your members, you must submit hard copies with your entry.)
- In rare cases, Judges may award an Honorable Mention to an entry. Honorable Mentions should not be construed as a Gold Circle Awards recipient.
- All entries must include a succinct explanation of the project's goals, objectives, and the metrics used to determine whether the communication, publication, or program you are entering was successful. To ensure that you submit a strong entry, consider gathering this information before you fill out the entry form. Any entry that does not include a statement of objective and documentation of results achieved will be considered incomplete and disqualified from the competition.
- Judges reserve the right to transfer entries submitted incorrectly under a division and/or category to the correct category.
- Judges may disqualify an entry for non-compliance with submission requirements.
- All categories that require printed hard copies of submitted materials must include six hard copies with their submissions. These entries must be received according to the deadlines outlined in point 1 above.
- ASAE is not responsible for loss or damage of entry materials and entries will not be returned.
- By entering the Gold Circle Awards competition, submitters are granting permission for ASAE to post their entries to ASAE's Online Knowledge Center, a free resource for ASAE members.
- Gold Circle Awards winners will be recognized with a crystal trophy at a special ceremony during the 2014 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference on June 17-18, 2014 in Washington, DC. Gold Circle Awards winners will also be publicized in ASAE communications and publications.
- The winner of the MMCC Excellence in Action Award will be announced during the awards ceremony at the 2014 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference in Washington, DC. The MMCC Excellence in Action Award will be selected by ASAE's Gold Circle Awards Committee from among all the 2014 Gold Circle Awards recipients. The winner will receive a special trophy.
- Entries receiving an Honorable Mention will receive a certificate plaque.
- Complete a 2014 Gold Circle Awards Electronic Entry Form at www.asaecenter.org/goldcircle.
- Pay the Gold Circle Awards entry fee via credit card or check.
- If you are paying by check, please enter the check number on the 2014 Gold Circle Awards Electronic Entry Form.
- Please make sure you have requested a check from your finance department before filling out the Electronic Entry Form.
- Make sure you print a copy of your completed Electronic Entry Form and include it in the envelope with your check.
- If the category requires print samples for the entry, please also include a copy of your Electronic Entry Form with the print samples.
- Checks (which should include a copy of the Electronic Entry Form) and print samples (including a copy of the Electronic Entry Form) can be sent to the following address:
Volunteer Relations Department
Attn: Gold Circle Awards
1575 I Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
For more information about the Gold Circle Awards competition, please visit www.asaecenter.org/goldcircle or contact Vivian Abalama, Manager, Volunteer Relations or Sherelle Faulkner, Coordinator, Volunteer Reltions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2014 Technology Conference & Expo
December 16–17, 2014
- 2015 Great Ideas Conference
March 8 –10, 2015
- Springtime Expo '15
April 9, 2015
- 2015 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference
June 1–2, 2015
- 2015 Finance, HR & Business Operations Conference
June 4–5, 2015
- 2015 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition
August 8–11, 2015