Professional Interest Sections
Looking for new ideas in your professional practice area? Interested in finding out what is working and not working at other associations? Want to build a network of people who face the same challenges and opportunities as you do every day? Then it is time to sign up for one or more of ASAE’s professional interest sections.
As a section member, you’ll benefit from in-depth information in your specialty areas and the opportunity to network with others who share your interests. Additional benefits include:
- idea-filled e-newsletters;
- invitations to customized, section-related professional development programs from CenterU;
- access to expertise on section listservs;
- resources that will increase your effectiveness;
- networking opportunities to become part of a community with thousands of peers; and
- leadership and volunteer opportunities.
A Home for Every Association Professional
ASAE has 14 different professional interest sections, providing a community for nearly every sub-specialty within association management.
Association Management Company Section – for association management company executives.
Communication Section – for association writers, editors, publishers, communicators and public relations professionals
Component Relations Section – for those who manage chapters, affiliates, special interest groups or other association components.
Consultants Section – for individuals involved in the sale of intellectual property or expert advice to associations or other membership organizations.
Executive Management Section – for association CEOs, senior executives, and others focused on executive management issues.
Finance & Business Operations Section – for association finance, administration, and human resources professionals.
Government Relations Section – for public affairs, advocacy, and government relations professionals.
International Section – for those who manage association international programs.
Legal Section – for association legal professionals and those with significant legal responsibility within their associations.
Marketing Section – for association marketing professionals.
Meetings & Expositions Section – for association meeting and exposition professionals.
Membership Section – for association membership and member services professionals.
Professional Development Section – for association learning professionals responsible for the design, marketing, and delivery of association educational programming.
Technology Section – for association information technology professionals.
- 2015 Great Ideas Conference
March 8–10, 2015
- 2015 Great Ideas in Association Management, Asia-Pacific
March 22–24, 2015
- ASAE's Springtime Expo '15
April 9, 2015
- 2015 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference
June 1–2, 2015
- 2015 Finance, HR & Business Operations Conference
June 4–5, 2015
- 2015 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition
August 8–11, 2015