Connecticut School Shooting
ASAE would like to extend our thoughts to everyone affected by the Connecticut school shooting. ASAE members and staff have all been affected by this tragedy either directly or indirectly. And, we hope those in Newtown who have experienced profound and unexpected loss will find some comfort through the efforts of a broader community of people who care and want to lend assistance. ASAE has made a contribution, and if you would like to donate or give back, many associations, nonprofits, and companies have set up support funds.
Here's a list of several groups aiding those involved in the recent events:
- A joint effort between Newtown Savings Bank and the United Way of Western Connecticut have set up a fund for the Sandy Hook School.
- Newtown Parent Connection has set up a website (www.newtownparentconnection.org) for donations, which will go directly to those affected by the shooting. For more details, call (203) 270-1600.
- Caroline’s Gift, a memorial fund that started in the 1990’s by a local family in memory of their daughter, is helping with those impacted by this tragedy. Please send donations to Newton Youth and Family Services, 15 Berkshire Road, Sandy Hook, CT 06482. For more details, please call 203-426-8103.
- There’s a national effort to donate teddy bears for the children in Newtown entitled “Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II.” Hersam Acorn and the Fairfield Sun are coordinating this effort and accepting donations until Friday, December 28. You can ship teddy bears to: Hersam Acorn, Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II, 1000 Bridgeport Ave., Shelton, CT 06484.
If your organization is helping with this crisis, please let us know by emailing Kristin Clarke,email@example.com.
John H. Graham IV, CAE
ASAE President and CEO
In This Section
- 2014 Technology Conference & Expo
December 16–17, 2014
- 2015 Great Ideas Conference
March 8 –10, 2015
- Springtime Expo '15
April 9, 2015
- 2015 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference
- 2015 ASAE Annual Meeting & Exposition
August 8–11, 2015